Jaudon Godsey is Of Counsel with Sinars Slowikowski Tomaska. She has over two decades of experience as a litigator defending clients in cases involving toxic torts, auto and trucking accidents, premises liability, products liability, wrongful death, and workers’ compensation cases in Missouri and Illinois.
She has substantial experience in discovery, witness and expert depositions, drafting and arguing motions, settlement negotiations, mediations, trial preparation, and trial. She has also successfully argued cases in the Missouri Court of Appeals and been successful in a case that went to the Missouri Supreme Court.
Jaudon strives to provide aggressive but yet cost-effective legal representation to obtain the best results for her clients. She also looks at the bigger picture of how the outcome of a particular case can impact her client in the future when making recommendations in a case. She understands that each case is truly a team effort between herself and her client. She looks beyond the case at hand and advises her clients on better practices. For example, one of the largest writers of commercial property casualty insurance in the United States implemented a procedure at her recommendation relating to insurance policy cancellations in Missouri.
When Jaudon is not working, she enjoys spending time outdoors with her family.
Notable Cases and Trials
- Hegger v. Valley Farm Dairy, et al., 596 S.W.3d 128 (Mo. banc 2020): Jaudon successfully represented an insurer in the first workers’ compensation case that was tried in St. Louis, Missouri relating to a claim for enhanced benefits for employees diagnosed with occupational diseases due to toxic exposure (in this case mesothelioma) under the 2014 amendments to Section 287.200.4 RSMo.
- Hayden v. Cut-Zaven, Ltd., et al., 614 S.W.3d 44 (Mo. App. E.D. 2020) and 640 S.W.3d 819 (Mo. App. E.D. 2022): Jaudon successfully represented an insurer in the second workers’ compensation case tried in St. Louis, Missouri involving the 2014 amendments to Section 287.200.4 RSMo., relating to employees diagnosed with occupational diseases due to toxic exposure (in this case mesothelioma).
- Njoroge v. Auto Stop, Inc., et al., 561 S.W.3d 903 (Mo. App. E.D. 2018): Obtained summary judgment which was affirmed on appeal in the Missouri Court of Appeals, Eastern District, in a case alleging negligence of an Auto Stop employee in an automobile/pedestrian accident. The lower court determined that Auto Stop’s employee was not acting in the course and scope of his employment when the accident occurred that injured Mr. Njoroge.
- Timothy Wilson v. Michael Tully, et al.: Second chaired a jury trial in the Circuit Court of the City of St. Louis, Missouri involving allegations of false arrest and malicious prosecution which resulted in a defense verdict.
- Patricia Green v. George Burke, et al.: Second chaired a jury trial in the Circuit Court of St. Louis County, Missouri involving a premises liability/trip and fall incident which resulted in a defense verdict for our client.
- Safeco Insurance Company v. Laclede Gas Company, et al.: Obtained summary judgment in the Circuit Court of St. Louis County, Missouri in a property damage case on behalf of a company that manufactured automated meter reading devices for natural gas meters.
- Gregory Nuspl, et al. v. Bruce Oakley, Inc., et al.: Second chaired a jury trial in the Circuit Court of St. Louis County, Missouri involving a trucking accident which resulted in a defense verdict.
- Warren v. Home Service Oil Co., Inc., 68 S.W.3d 598 (Mo. App. E.D 2002): Obtained summary judgment in the Circuit Court of Jefferson County, Missouri in a premises liability slip and fall case in a truck stop shower which was affirmed on appeal in the Missouri Court of Appeals, Eastern District.